Dawson Park Gazebo

2926 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR

Copper domed gazebo built 1978

Photos 

Dawson Park Gazebo

Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2015

Enlarge

Description 

Copper domed park gazebo fashioned from the salvaged cupola and brickwork of the 1890 Hill Block which was demolished to make way for expansion of Emmanuel Hospital. The Hill Block Building was built by Charles H. Hill, Albina’s first mayor. Located at the corner of Russell and Williams it was at the center of the business district for Albina.

Update Log 

  • April 30, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody