Also known as: Condon National Bank135 S Main Street, Condon, OR
Vernacular 2 story masonry bank building built 1906
Photo taken by Richard Doody in March 2008
The Bank Block is a two-story commercial building constructed of concrete block with an imitation rock-face stone finish. Corbeled chimneys cap the flat roof. A leaf finial caps the parapet pediment and the construction date of "1906" is centered in the tympanum.
The Condon National Bank opened for business in 1906 and served the community until November, 1923 when it was declared insolvent. The bank directors were charged with violations of the national banking act in 1928. They were convicted in 1929 at which time each received a jail sentence.
- January 21, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- May 6, 2018: Added by Richard Doody