368 S Main Street, Pendleton, OR
Art Deco 6 story hotel completed in 1937
Hotel St. George
Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2015
George Darveau constructed the original two story Hotel St. George in the High Italianate style in 1898. Business was so good that by 1903 he had added a third story. The old hotel was expanded to six stories and completely refaced in the Art Deco style in 1937. All of the original windows were replaced with modern casements. The only evidence of the buildings original character is seen in the arched brick openings at the first story on the south facade. Despite the many changes made to the hotel, the original structure from the 1898 building is still intact and in use.
- May 11, 2018: Added by Richard Doody