First Christian Church

215 N Main Street, Pendleton, OR

Gothic Revival church built 1909

Photos 

First Christian Church

Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2013

Enlarge

Description 

Reverend Andrew Mackenzie Meldrum led in the construction of the granite building that still stands. (His father in Scotland was a stonecutter by trade.) The cornerstone was placed in 1909. The granite was quarried at Eagle Valley in Baker County and shipped by rail to Pendleton. It was moved from the rail station to the building location by teams of horses.

Update Log 

  • May 11, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody