Vincent School

Abandoned
Umapine, OR

Brick 2 story comprehensive school built 1911

Photos 

Vincent School

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2012

Enlarge

Description 

This school was built in 1911 and housed grades K-12 until 1984. The town was called Vincent until 1916 when the local post office was established and insisted on a name change noting that another Vincent, Oregon was already established in Wallowa County. Umapine was a chief of the Umatilla or Cayuse people.

Tags 

Abandoned (255)
Built 1911 (894)
Built during 1910s (8,522)
Oregon (2,271)
School (4,959)
Umatilla County, Oregon (66)

Update Log 

  • May 11, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody