W.S. Bowman Studio

6 S Main Street, Pendleton, OR

Cast sandstone 2 story photography studio and residence built 1905

Photos 

W.S. Bowman Studio

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2010

Enlarge

Description 

Former photography studio and residence of Walter S. Bowman (1865-1938). This stone structure replaced a wooden frame building that Bowman had used for a studio previously. After the "Castle" was built, Bowman worked out of the first floor. From 1905 to 2005 the main floor housed a photography studio. The last photographer retired in 2005.

Update Log 

  • May 12, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody