Cigar Club Saloon
40 S Main Street, Pendleton OR
Italianate one story cast iron front building built 1884/1889
Club Cigar Saloon
Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2015
This one story Italianate building was built in two phases by Jeremiah DeSpain. The South half of the building was completed in 1884 and the North half was completed in 1889. The building uses iron pilasters from the Mechanics Foundry of San Francisco and an oversize parapet. The original iron front on the south half of the building was overlain when northern half was added and can easily be seen where it intersects with the newer front. The Club Cigar Saloon was located here in the early days and operated through the 1950's.
- May 13, 2018: Added by Richard Doody