Second Wasco County Courthous
311 Union Street, The Dalles OR
Second Wasco County Courthouse
Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2010
This Italianate style courthouse was designed by Portland architect Warren H. Williams and completed in 1881. The courthouse contained county offices on the first floor, a jail in the rear, and a large courtroom on the second floor. It was occupied by Wasco County until 1914 when the third and current courthouse was built at Fifth and Washington Streets. The building has since housed a Masonic hall and a funeral parlor. It currently houses a brewery and pub.
- May 13, 2018: Added by Richard Doody