Third Wasco County Courthouse

511 Washington Street, The Dalles OR

Neo-classical/Beaux-Arts style county courthouse built 1914

Photos 

Third Wasco County Courthouse

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2010

Enlarge

Description 

The county dedicated this, the latest of three courthouses remaining in The Dalles, on October 3, 1914. The lot at 5th and Washington Streets cost $8,000; the furnishings cost $12,645; and final building expenses totaled $159,000. Its halls are finished with marble and the exterior and interior walls are of terra cotta. County offices currently located in the courthouse include the Circuit and District Courts, the County Clerk and Tax Assessor, and County Judge.

Update Log 

  • May 13, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody