Lincoln County Courthouse

450 Logan Street, Davenport, WA

Colonial Revival/Richardsonian Romanesque courthouse built in 1897

Photo 

Lincoln County Courthouse

Photo taken by Richard Doody in December 2009

Enlarge

Description 

This courthouse was erected in Davenport in 1897 after the county seat was moved there from Sprague following a fire that destroyed the old courthouse in 1895. The buff-brick, two-story Davenport courthouse was designed by Spokane architect John K.Dow who incorporated Colonial Revival elements in the entry portico and cupola along with Richardsonian Romanesque style windows in the upper floor. Frederick K.W. Baske built the structure for a sum of $12,000. The courthouse was badly damaged in a December 1995 fire but quickly restored.

Update Log 

  • May 13, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody