Tillamook Pioneer Museum

Also known as: Second Tillamook County Courthouse
2106 2nd Street, Tillamook, OR

Federal style two story stone and stucco courthouse built in 1905

Photo 

Tillamook Pioneer Museum

Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2013

Enlarge

Description 

The two story museum was built in 1905 and served as Tillamook County's second courthouse until 1935. It was designed by Charles Burggraff, a regionally prominent architect from Albany, OR. The Tillamook County Pioneer Association operated a museum in the building from 1935 to 1945 at which time the county took over the operation and hired a curator. County control of the museum came to an end in 1985 and it was once again placed in the hands of the Pioneer Association.

Update Log 

  • May 15, 2018: New photo from Richard Doody
  • May 14, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody