Also known as: Neace Theater208 Main Street, Waitsburg, WA
Moorish Revival movie theater built in 1928
Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2013
Donald Neace built the Plaza at a cost of $25,000. It was designed by Walla Walla architect Victor Siebert and opened as the Neace Theater on February 2, 1928 with a showing of the silent film The Rescue to a capacity audience of 315. Talkies were introduced in 1930. The name was changed to the Plaza in 1941. Long shuttered as a movie house, it is currently undergoing restoration after decades as a retail space and insurance office.
- May 16, 2018: Added by Richard Doody