Admiralty Head Lighthouse

Fort Casey State Park, Coupeville, WA

Mission Revival style lighthouse built in 1903

Photos 

Admiralty Head Lighthouse

Photo taken by Richard Doody in1997

Enlarge

Description 

Admiralty Head Lighthouse is a 30-foot-tall structure constructed of brick and stucco in 1903. The design by Carl Leick incorporated thick walls meant to withstand earthquakes and the concussion of Fort Casey's guns. The lighthouse was deactivated in 1922, and the lantern moved to the New Dungeness Lighthouse in 1927.

Update Log 

  • May 19, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody