Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist

127 E 12th Avenue Spokane, WA

Gothic Revival cathedral constructed between 1925 and 1954

Photos 

Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2009

Enlarge

Description 

The Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in Rockwood, Spokane, Washington, is the seat of the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane. The Gothic Revival church was designed by architect Harold C. Whitehouse of the Spokane firm of Whitehouse & Price. It is built entirely of cut stone. Especially notable are carvings by Ole Sunde of Seattle and by Arcangelo Cascieri and Adio diBaccari of Boston, Mass. The stained glass windows, in classic Gothic style, are the work of the Charles J. Connick firm.

Update Log 

  • May 23, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody