Santa Fe Depot
26701 Verdugo Street, San Juan Capistrano, CA
Mission Revival Style railroad depot built in 1894
Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad Station
Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2006
The San Juan Capistrano station was originally opened October 27, 1894 by the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway. In 1966, the station was closed, two years ahead of the end of Santa Fe passenger service to the city. Under the auspices of Amtrak, rail service was restored to the station in 1974, and a year later, the depot was converted into a restaurant.
- June 22, 2018: Added by Richard Doody