Neo-Victorian/ Renaissance Revival style brick house built in 1883
Judge Richard Egan House
Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2006
Egan House was completed in 1883. The home featured a prominent front porch, a large first floor with mahogany flooring, and a basement with a wine cellar. The upper half-story was composed of two rooms and a parapet rooftop deck.
In 1897, a fire destroyed the upper part of the home. Judge Egan rebuilt the upper half-story the following year and added three dormers, a small south-facing dormer and two much larger dormers with balconies on the north and west sides of the house.