Butte Water Company

124 W Granite Street, Butte, MT

Three story Beaux-Arts building built in 1907

Photos 

Butte Water Company

Photo taken by Richard Doody in November 2006

Enlarge

Description 

The Butte Water Company Building was designed by George H. Shanley and built in 1907 for the Montana Independent Telephone Company which occupied it until 1918. Since then, it has been occupied by the Butte Water Company. The Butte Water Utility Department currently occupies the main floor, Public Works Administration, the second, and Public Works Engineering Department, the third floor.

Update Log 

  • June 27, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • July 9, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody