Two story brick commercial block built in 1917 demolished in 2011
Miners Union Bar
Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2006
The restaurant on the Park Street side began in 1918 as the Hazelwood Cafe. The Tia Juana Chili Parlor occupied the premises from 1930 to 1952 which was followed by the Tasty Lunch until the mid 1960s.
The Wyoming street side operated as a drinking establishment from the opening of the building. During Prohibition, it was listed in the city directory as "soft drinks place". The Miners Union Bar opened here in 1937 and operated there until 1954. The building's "Grain Belt Beer" ghost sign dates from that era.