St. John's Episcopal Church

146 First Street, Troy, NY

Brownstone Gothic Revival church built in 1856

Photo 

St. John's Episcopal Church

From 1858 Map of Troy, courtesy of New York Public Library

Enlarge

Description 

Henry Dudley designed this brownstone Gothic Revival church. It was built in 1856 in the style of English parish churches that closely follows models of church design embraced by the contemporary Oxford Movement. St. John's is remarkable for its brownstone steeple, one of only a few left standing in the country, a Meneely 11-bell chime; Tiffany and other stained glass windows.

Update Log 

  • July 22, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody