Bomber Restaurant & Gas Station

No longer exists
13515 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Milwaukie, OR

B-17 Bomber used as a service station canopy erected in 1947

Photos 

Bomber Restaurant & Gas Station

Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2010

Enlarge

Description 

The Bomber gas station and restaurant is still in operation. However the war surplus B-17 airplane that owner Art Lacey flew from Oklahoma to Oregon where he installed it as a canopy over the gas pumps in 1947 is now gone. In August 2014, after shielding gas pumpers from Oregon rain for 67 years, "Lacey Lady" was removed and given to the B-17 Alliance, a nonprofit group intent on restoring it to flying condition.

https://www.oregonlive.com/milwaukie/index.ssf/2014/08/milwaukie_bomber.html

Update Log 

  • September 3, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody