Granite County Courthouse

220 N Sansome Street, Philipsburg, MT

Neo-classical brick courthouse built in 1913

Photos 

Granite County Courthouse

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Description 

"The first permanent home for Granite County offices was completed in 1913. Prominent Montana architects John Link and Charles Haire designed the building. Its cut stonework is, appropriately, made of Montana granite. Granite County commissioners paid the Gagnon and Company construction firm $49,000 for completion of this elegant brick county courthouse. Look for the inscription “Granite Co.” in the keystone above the entry arch." - NRHP/Montana Historical Society plaque

Update Log 

  • August 19, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: updated description
  • September 23, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody