Saint Andrew's Episcopal Church

101 E Kearney St, Philipsburg, MT

Carpenter Gothic church built in 1889

Photos 

St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Description 

"In January 1889, St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church opened its doors to hold one of the first services in a church in Philipsburg. Placed within the cornerstone the previous year were a Bible, some coins, names of donors, and a copy of the Philipsburg Mail. The one-story wood-frame building provides an excellent example of a simple pioneer church. Except for the Gothic tracery over the entrance, the building resembles schoolhouse design of the period." - NRHP/Montana Historical Society plaque

Update Log 

  • August 19, 2019: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical information
  • September 23, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody