76 E Park Street, Butte, MT
Three story brick hotel built in 1905
Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018
Lawyers Robert McBride and Patrick Talent originally owned this three-story commercial/residential building designed by architect George De Snell. Built in 1905, it was one of several brick buildings that replaced frame stores, liveries, and brothels formerly occupying the street. Charles Butlerís barbershop and Joseph Bouletís bakery were early tenants. In 1910, the two opened the Iona Pool & Billiard Hall where Butler continued to give haircuts and sell cigars. When fire severely damaged the building in 1913, architect De Snell made the repairs and remodeled all three floors. The three tall arched bays, beautiful brickwork, and ornately carved stone on the upper two floors remain intact.
- June 27, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
- October 1, 2018: Added by Richard Doody