229 East Broadway Street, Philipsburg, MT
Two story brick hotel built in 1881
Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018
Michael Kaiser, founder of the Philipsburg Water Company, built this grand hotel in 1881. One of Philipsburg’s oldest masonry structures, the original hotel boasted a wraparound porch extending halfway around the building. Second-story French doors, matching windows below, and four Norman arched double doors with fan transoms speak to its excellent design. A fine bar, billiard room, and T-bone steaks for 50 cents made the Kaiser House a place applauded by travelers and residents alike.
- October 2, 2018: Added by Richard Doody