Kaiser House Annex

Also known as: Stephens Hotel
North Montgomery Street, Philipsburg, MT

French Second Empire style three story brick hotel built in 1890

Photos 

Kaiser House Annex

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Description 

A second-story walkway originally connected this three-story masonry building with the Kaiser House, affording the busy establishment more boarding rooms. Constructed circa 1890, its gabled dormers in a metal mansard roof present an appearance unusual to the architecture of Philipsburg. George A. Stephens purchased the hotel in 1908, and thereafter it was known as the Stephens Hotel. It featured a large parlor and rooms for traveling salesmen who brought trunks of sample wares in pursuit of lucrative business.

Tags 

19th Century (36,884)
Built 1890 (898)
Built during 1890s (7,352)
Granite County, Montana (29)
Hotel (2,491)
Montana (1,617)

Update Log 

  • October 2, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody