DeLashmutt Building

424 Sixth Street Wallace, ID

Two story Victorian era commercial building built in 1890

Photo 

DeLashmutt Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Description 

The DeLashmutt Building was built in 1890 after fire destroyed the Wallace downtown area. The building served as Shoshone County Courthouse from 1898 to 1905. Court proceeding had been held out of Wallace after the fire but were moved to this building when county records were hijacked en route from Murray to Osburn. The lower level of the building was used for court proceedings and the upper-story rooms were known as "court rooms," providing female "boarding." The court moved to a new courthouse in 1905. The building became a cigar business in 1911 and which expanded into a saloon

Tags 

19th Century (36,942)
Building (4,224)
Built 1890 (904)
Built during 1890s (7,379)
Idaho (1,131)
Shoshone County, Idaho (50)

Update Log 

  • October 9, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody