White & Bender Building

524 Bank Street, Wallace, ID

Queen Anne style Victorian era commercial building built in 1890

Photos 

White & Bender Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2018

Enlarge

Description 

White and Bender Company expanded from Murray in 1888. The company opened shop on the corner of Sixth and Bank streets while the fire of 1890 was still smoking--in a tented structure at first. White and Bender was a retail/wholesale mercantile well into the 1930s. The company then became a finance company and a leader in public financing such as appliances and automobiles. White and Bender were the first to install electric lights in Wallace. It housed the Stewart Wallace Drug and Selig Water Company until becoming Silver Capital Arts in 1984.

Update Log 

  • October 9, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody