Miners Hat Realty Building
300 E Cameron Avenue, Kellogg, ID
Eclectic roadside commercial building built in 1939
Miner's Hat Realty
Photo taken by Richard Doody
The Miner's Hat Realty is a round building with a roof shaped like a huge broad rim miner's hat with an old-fashioned carbide headlamp. It began as a roadside diner in 1939 with drive in service added in the mid-1950s. The Miner's Hat drive-in and closed in 1963 when Interstate Highway 90 bypassed it. The building was converted for use as a real estate office in 1991.
- October 9, 2018: Added by Richard Doody