The Canton Repository
500 Market Avenue South Canton, Ohio
Home of Canton's daily newspaper
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2016
+40.79524, -81.3750240°47'43" N, 81°22'30" W
The Ohio Repository was founded in 1815 by John Saxton as a weekly newspaper. In 1892, it became a daily. The paper had a Republican connection as President William McKinley was married to the founder's granddaughter.
In 1927, after the assassination of editor Don Mellet, The Repository bought The Canton Daily News. The Daily News ceased publication in 1930. (The Daily News building is listed here.)
The name changed to the Canton Repository and eventually it became The Repository.
- October 9, 2018: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - Lugnuts969 [at] gmail [dot] com