1802 Main Street, Baker City, OR
Two story brick commercial building with metal cornice built in 1890
Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2015
The Mann Block, built in 1890, originally housed one of the many saloons located in this block during Baker City’s early, rowdy years. Like most of the establishments, the saloon operated on the first floor, with a bawdy house and gambling rooms above. The business, first known as P.A. Mann’s Resort, also was a distributorship for Weinhardt’s beer and Cyrus Noble liquor, and these brand names were painted prominently on three sides of the building.
- November 26, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- November 26, 2018: Added by Richard Doody