District 41 Schoolhouse

Also known as: L'Ecole No.41 Winery
41 Lowden School Road, Lowden, WA

Arts & Crafts style schoolhouse built in 1915

Photos 

L'Ecole No.41 Winery

Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2010

Enlarge

Description 

The first schoolhouse in Frenchtown was built about 1860, followed by a second school in 1900. In 1915, the community was renamed after Francis Lowden, a local farmer, and a new arts and crafts style schoolhouse was built. It was in the Walla Walla School District No. 41 in the state of Washington. The school closed in 1974. It was reopened in 1983 as L'Ecole (lit. trans. school) No.41 Winery in 1983.

Update Log 

  • November 27, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
  • November 27, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
  • November 27, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody