First National Bank of Walla Walla

11 S 2nd Avenue, Walla Walla, WA

Neo-Classical/Greek Revival style bank built in 1921

Photos 

First National Bank of Walla Walla

Photo taken by Richard Doody in September 2017

Enlarge

Description 

The First National Bank of Walla Walla was established by pioneer Levi Ankeny in 1878. The bank built a new main office at the corner of Second Avenue and Alder Street in 1921. The Neo-Classical/Greek Revival style building was designed by Beezer Brothers Architects. The reinforced concrete structure cost $200,000. The bank was acquired by the Seattle First National Bank in 1947. The building is presently occupied by the Banner Bank.

Update Log 

  • December 5, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
  • December 5, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody