Call of the River

N Clover Island Drive, Kennewick, WA

Photos 

Call of the River

Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2010

Enlarge

Description 

“Call of the River” is a life sized bronze sculpture by Rodd Ambroson based on a 1904 photograph of sisters Mabel and Dorothy Smith canoeing on the Columbia River. The work was commissioned by the Port of Kennewick to symbolize the community’s relationship with the Columbia as a place to relax and enjoy nature even while it sustained their daily lives.

Update Log 

  • December 17, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
  • December 17, 2018: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody