906 E Second Street, The Dalles, OR
Basalt stone brewery & malt house built in 1867
Photo taken by Richard Doody in April 2013
Charles Schanno, originally from Alsace-Lorraine, France, established the Columbia Brewery in 1867. Emil Schanno arrived in town in 1869 and purchased the brewery. The brewery closed when prohibition took effect on January 1, 1916.
- January 4, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- January 4, 2019: Added by Richard Doody