The Dalles Iron Works

720 E Second Street, The Dalles, OR

Brick & cast iron building with wooden false front annex built circa 1870

Photos 

The Dalles Iron Works

Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2012

Enlarge

Description 

This building was built in the 1870s and was home to the Brooks & Beers Store. The F.H. Dietzel Trunk Factory was located upstairs in the 1880s. The Dalles Iron Works was founded in this location in 1905 by J.B. Kirk. It was the first auto repair shop in The Dalles.

Update Log 

  • January 5, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 5, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody