200 E Third Street, The Dalles, OR
Neo-classical style fraternal meeting hall built in 1910
Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2012
The BPOE of The Dalles was organized in Cascade Locks on July 11, 1895, moving to The Dalles in March, 1896. In February, 1908, the Elks announced plans to build the $40,000 lodge. The lodge planned a three story building with a basement that included a swimming tank, showers, and fuel and boiler room. A parlor, reception hall, smoking room, reading and billiard rooms, buffet and kitchen were planned for the main floor. The lodge room proper was planned for the second floor and sleeping rooms on the third floor. The building was dedicated in 1910.
- January 5, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- January 5, 2019: Added by Richard Doody