205 Court Street, The Dalles, OR
Brick & cast iron front saloon built in 1877
Photo taken by Richard Doody in May 2012
Brothers, James and John Baldwin were the original proprietors of the Baldwin Saloon. The building's cast iron facade was fabricated by the Golden State Iron Works of San Francisco and shipped up the coast and the Columbia.
The Baldwin Saloon building has since served many as a restaurant, a steamboat navigational office, a warehouse, a coffin storage site for a nearby mortuary and a state employment office. The Bonney Saddle Shop occupied the premises from 1962 to 1991.
The Baldwin Saloon reopened in 1991 with a period bar and collection of paintings by 19th century itinerant artists.
- January 5, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- January 5, 2019: Added by Richard Doody