C.C. Guernsey Building

120 S Washington Street, Canyon City, OR

Single story tuff stone building built in 1899

Photos 

C.C. Guernsey Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in October 2014

Enlarge

Description 

The Guernsey Building was built in 1899 by Charles Guernsey, who operated a haberdashery in the building. This building replaced a wooden structure destroyed in n 1898 fire. The adjacent building at 118 South Washington Street with the three arched windows was built of similar stone material following a 1937 fire.

Update Log 

  • January 10, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 10, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody