Dr. John McLoughlin

State Capitol Grounds, Salem, OR

Statue of John A, McLoughlin erected in 1952

Photos 

Dr. John McLoughlin

Photo taken by Richard Doody in February 2015

Enlarge

Description 

Full-length standing bronze statue of Dr. John A. McLoughlin, Father of Oregon, sculpted by Alexander Phimister and Gifford MacGregor Proctor. The statue was completed in 1952 and is a duplicate of one placed in the statuary hall of the United States Capitol. McLoughlin is shown with his left foot forward and his right foot back. He carries a top hat in his left hand. His right hand reaches forward and is clenched in a fist. He wears a suit with a billowing cape. His hair is long with large side-burns.

Update Log 

  • January 18, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 18, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 18, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody