State Capitol Grounds, Salem, OR
Cast iron fountain erected in 1904
Photo taken by Richard Doody in 2006
This fountain was presented to the City of Salem by brothers Eugene and Werner Breyman in 1904 as a memorial to the Spanish American War veterans. The fountain was originally topped by a lighted column and a statue of a cavalryman which were removed during a World War II scrap drive. The fountain retains its watering troughs for horses and dogs.
- January 19, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
- January 19, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- January 19, 2019: Added by Richard Doody