Union Pacific Railroad Snowplows

Hodge Park, Hermiston, OR

Leslie type railroad rotary snowplows built in 1909 & 1949

Photos 

Union Pacific Railroad Snowplows

Photo taken by Richard Doody in July 2016

Enlarge

Description 

These two Leslie type rotary railroad snowplows have different histories. #900083 was originally built as a steam powered engine for the Chicago Milwaukee St.Paul & Pacific Railroad in 1909 by the American Locomotive Company's Schenectady Works. It was converted to electric power by the Milwaukee Road in 1954. The Union Pacific Railroad acquired it in 1981 following the Milwaukee Road's bankruptcy.

#900076 was built as a diesel powered engine for the Union Pacific in 1949 by Lima-Hamilton Corporation.

Both engines were retired in 1985 and donated to the city of Hermiston and put on display in Hodge Park.

Update Log 

  • January 21, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 21, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody