Aura Goodwin Raley "Mother of Pendleton" Statue
336 S Main Street, Pendleton, OR
Bronze outdoor sculpture of Aura G. Raley by Jerry Werner cast in 2016
Aura Goodwin Raley, "Mother of Pendleton"
Photo taken by Richard Doody in August 2018
Aura Goodwin Raley (1829-1913) and her husband Moses built the first house in Pendleton in 1864. The Goodwins opened a stage station and hotel at their house on Main Street and built a toll bridge across the Umatilla River. Raley donated the land that would become Pioneer Park and the Umatilla County Courthouse. Raley owned a large portion of early Pendleton and with her daughter Cosbie, developed and sold off lots for residential and commercial purposes.
- January 25, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- January 25, 2019: Added by Richard Doody