Canal lock and siphon spillway completed in 1907
Contract Number 25 was included excavating the canal and protecting its sides, constructing Locks 9 and 10 (Note that the latter lock was never actually built), necessary spillways, power plants and appertaining structures, bridge substructures and approaches, retaining walls, highways and other incidental details.
The dredge and plant were built on the ground and started in December, 1906. Operations were started by building dikes, April 22, 1907. The dredging started August 1, 1907.