Civil War Monument

136 Main Street, Hudson Falls, NY

Photo 

Civil War Monument

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 1990

Enlarge

Description 

The Hudson Falls Civil War monument was dedicated on June 30, 1887. According to its inscription, "This monument is presented by Dr. Erskine G. Clark to the Village of Sandy Hill" (now Hudson Falls) and, "dedicated to the honor and patriotism of the soldiers of Washington County who served in our war to suppress the southern rebellion of 1861, waged against the life of the nation."

Update Log 

  • January 29, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
  • January 29, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody