Church of the Messiah

296 Glen Street, Glens Falls, NY

Gothic Revival Episcopal church completed in 1865

Photos 

Church of the Messiah

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 1989

Enlarge

Description 

The Church of the Messiah was designed by architect John W. Summers, and is one of the finest examples of the Gothic Revival style of architecture in the city of Glens Falls. It took 11 years to build, and was one of the few buildings to survive the Great Fire of 1864. Construction on the towering stone structure was completed in time for Christmas Mass in 1865, and the church was consecrated the following June.

Tags 

19th Century (37,122)
Built 1865 (300)
Built during 1860s (3,667)
Church (5,601)
New York (6,007)
Place of worship (5,961)
Warren County, New York (82)

Update Log 

  • January 30, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 30, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • January 30, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody