Dutch Reformed Church

Also known as: The Old Dutch Church
178 River Street, Middleburgh, NY

Colonial style brick church built in 1787

Photos 

Dutch Reformed Church

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 1989

Enlarge

Description 

The first Dutch Reformed Church in Middleburgh was built in 1732 and burned October 17, 1780 by a Tory raiding party led by Mohawk Chief Joseph Brant and Sir William Johnson. The present church building was built in 1787.

Update Log 

  • February 2, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • February 2, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody