James & Hastings Building

Water & Tyler Streets, Port Townsend, WA

Three story brick and stone commercial building built in 1889

Photos 

James & Hastings Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in January 2010

Enlarge

Description 

Architects Fisher & Clark designed this three story brick and stone commercial building for Francis W. James and Lucinda Hastings in 1889. Smith & Ellis, dealers in clothing, dry goods, hardware, stoves, tin wear, boots and shoes were the first ground floor tenants. The upper floors were occupied by offices and lodging.

Update Log 

  • February 5, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • February 5, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody