Miller & Burkett Building

Also known as: Elks Building
237 Taylor Street, Port Townsend, WA

Romanesque style four story brick & stone commercial block built in 1889

Photos 

Miller & Burkett Building

Photo taken by Richard Doody in January 2010

Enlarge

Description 

The Miller-Burkett Building, named for its builders, cost $18,000 to construct. The architects were Whiteway and Schroeder. Over the years it was occupied by civic clubs, grocers, and drug stores. In 1902, a grocer paid $20 a month for his lease. In 1905, Elks Lodge No.317 purchased the building and occupied the site until 1993.

Update Log 

  • February 5, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • February 5, 2019: Added by Richard Doody

Sources 

  • Richard Doody