Washington & Taylor Streets, Port Townsend, WA
Public fountain dedicated in 1906
Photo taken by Richard Doody in January 2010
The Haller Fountain was brought to Port Townsend by Resident Theodore N. Haller to honor his deceased father and brother. After the dedication speech, Mr. Haller read a poem about the Greek sea nymph, Galatea, and the statue, originally cast by the J. L. Mott Foundry in New York, has been known by that name ever since. Once planted as a flower bed and even used for performing-trout shows, the fountain was eventually damaged beyond repair. After a community fundraising campaign, the fountain was re-cast in 1992. The original statue of Galtea is preserved in the Jefferson County Museum.
- February 6, 2019: New photo from Richard Doody
- February 6, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
- February 6, 2019: Added by Richard Doody