St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

1 N Main Street, Kent, CT

Fieldstone church built in 1826


St. Andrew's Episcopal Church

Photo taken by Richard Doody in 1989




St. Andrewís Episcopal Church built in 1826 is one of four churches constructed under the direction of Reverend George B. Andrews and the second church in Connecticut to be made of stone. The stone and bricks came from Jerimiah Fullerís property just across the bridge. The new church replaced St. Thomasís, a small wooden church built on Kent Plain somewhere between 1768 and 1772.

Update Log 

  • February 17, 2019: Updated by Chester Gehman: Pinned location
  • February 10, 2019: New photos from Richard Doody
  • February 10, 2019: Added by Richard Doody


  • Richard Doody
  • Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com